Fusion™ is produced by Canadian company Homestead House Paint Co. which began its life as a reproduction furniture manufacturer that found a need to create its own authentic milk paints to replicate old world finishes. Fusion™ has taken over 10 years to develop, test and refine. It is a matte acrylic paint that requires minimal prep work and delivers an exceptional matte finish. Fusion™’s results are nothing less than spectacular, providing furniture painters a best-in-class paint that features an environmentally conscious formulation, virtually zero VOCs, superior durability, easy one-step application and significantly improved strength.
- APPLICATION: Follow our directions carefully and Fusion™ can be applied to most previously painted or coated surfaces without priming or significant prep work.
- NO TOP COAT: Fusion™ is formulated with a built in top coat, the 100% acrylic resin. You do not need to use a top coat for water permanency.
- COVERAGE: Fusion™ paint offers coverage of 75 sq ft per 500ml pot. In many cases, one coat is all you need.
- DURABILITY: Once Fusion™ has cured, it yields a highly durable and washable finish. You can achieve different finishes by adding a Beeswax on top or the Tough Coat Finish. Fusion™ is dry to the touch after 2 hours and can accept a re-coat after 4 hours. Cure time with all acrylic paints is 21 days, however painted surfaces can be used gently after 24 to 48 hours of drying time.
- SHEEN: Fusion™ is offered in a matte finish. This means an almost zero reflectance value that allows you to achieve a beautiful smooth finish.
- DISTRESS: You can distress the paint, although we recommend distressing soon after the paint has dried. It is very durable, so achieving the same result is tad more work after it has cured. It is recommended to apply a top coat when you distress because you will break open the surface and a top coat will be necessary to prevent water damage and continued distressing through extensive wear and tear.
The Classic Collection contains 26 colours, with other colours available in Tones For Tots, Metallics and The Penney & Co Collection.